Supportive Arts Program for Young Adults with (dis)Abilities – Fall 2022 to Spring 2023
September 12, 2022 - June 22, 2023
An inclusive, all abilities art and mindfulness workshop for young adults with (dis)abilities 18+
SUPPORTIVE ARTS is a unique program supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, offering arts-based learning opportunities and compelling artistic experiences to individuals with (dis)abilities living in the community. We welcome adults and caregivers from Wellington County and the surrounding areas to our weekly program. Led by ECFTA Arts Educators and Mindfulness Coaches. The Supportive Arts program has now expanded to 4 sessions per week.
THE PROGRAM: Join us for a guided 2-hour workshop, specifically designed to support adults of all abilities. Each session, we will embrace diversity and friendship through explorations in art making, movement, mindfulness and music. Every week is as unique as each of our participants! Supportive Arts is offered free of charge to all participants and support companions, thanks to the generous support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
FALL 2022 – SPRING 2023
We offer four, 2-hour sessions per week, Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, between Sept and June.
OUR SPACE: Our bright and cheerful ECFTA classroom is wheelchair accessible and adheres to all WDGPH covid-19 protocols. In warm temperatures, we may run programming outside in our 1500 square foot big top tent!
Please contact us for more information about the program or for availability in our Supportive Arts program!
Visit our Facebook page for photos and weekly updates!
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER?
We are welcoming new volunteers for our Fall 2022- 2023 season! If you looking for a way to meaningfully engage with your community and have a couple hours a week to assist one of our Supportive Arts’ participants in our cheery studio classroom setting, please contact us!
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- If in-person classes are cancelled due to public health concerns, we will revert to virtual programming.
- Proof of Covid-19 double vaccination is required to attend the workshops, in accordance with the Province of Ontario and our local Public Health unit.
- To ensure the health and safety of staff and participants, the ECFTA will have a limited the number of registrants in accordance with WDGPH recommendations. Daily cleaning and social distancing will be in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Please note: Participants will be asked to complete a Covid Liability Waiver, and provide proof of vaccination.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information.
OTF Grant Boost: The Ontario Trillium Foundation has supported this program with a 3-year grant boost, allowing us to offer additional classes each year. Our 2021 Fall program has expanded to 3 workshops a week, with plans to expand to 4 times a week in the fall of 2022.
The Ontario Trillium Foundation investment in this project will support positive change in our community to make it healthier and more vibrant over the next 3 years.
For more information about this program please click here.