- This event has passed.
Supportive Arts Program for Adults with (dis)Abilities – Fall Program
September 14, 2021 @ 10:00 am - December 16, 2021 @ 12:00 pm
SUPPORTIVE ARTS is a unique program supported by the Ontario Trillium Foundation, offering arts-based learning opportunities and compelling artistic experiences to individuals with (dis)abilities living in the community. We welcome adults and caregivers from Wellington County and the surrounding areas to our weekly program. Led by ECFTA Arts Educators and Mindfulness Coaches. The Supportive Arts Fall 2021 program has expanded to 3 sessions per week.
Please note that our 14-week Fall Session is currently full due to covid restrictions, however as public health guidelines allow for more participants we will allow more. Please see contact information below regarding out wait list.
THE PROGRAM: Join us for a guided 2-hour workshop, specifically designed to support adults of all abilities. Each session, we will embrace diversity and friendship through explorations in art making, movement, mindfulness and music. Every week is as unique as each of our participants! Supportive Arts is offered free of charge to all participants and support companions, thanks to the generous support from the Ontario Trillium Foundation.
Support workers or family members are welcome if assistance is required.
The Fall 2021 program will run Tuesdays and Thursdays, 3 sessions per week.
OUR SPACE: Our bright and cheerful ECFTA classroom is wheelchair accessible and adheres to all WDGPH covid-19 protocols. In warm temperatures, we may run programming outside in our 1500 square foot big top tent!
CONTACT: Please contact Judy at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or to be placed on our waiting list for our Winter/Spring sessions.
Visit our Facebook page for photos and weekly updates!
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
- If in-person classes are cancelled due to public health concerns, we will revert to virtual programming.
- Proof of Covid-19 double vaccination is required to attend the workshops, in accordance with the Province of Ontario and our local Public Health unit.
- To ensure the health and safety of staff and participants, the ECFTA will have a limited the number of registrants in accordance with WDGPH recommendations. Daily cleaning and social distancing will be in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Please note: Participants will be asked to complete a Covid Liability Waiver, and provide proof of vaccination.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information.
OTF Grant Boost: The Ontario Trillium Foundation has supported this program with a 3-year grant boost, allowing us to offer additional classes each year. Our 2021 Fall program has expanded to 3 workshops a week, with plans to expand to 4 times a week in the fall of 2022.
The Ontario Trillium Foundation investment in this project will support positive change in our community to make it healthier and more vibrant over the next 3 years.
For more information about this program please click here.