Membership SubscriptionView Cart
Why Support the Arts in our Community?
A vibrant arts and cultural hub is essential to a community, for its citizens as well as for tourism. Since opening in October 2003, the Elora Centre for the Arts has been a vibrant home for arts in the Centre Wellington region; a welcoming space for artists, exhibitors, performers, educators, students, and audiences to take part in a wide range of activities. We strive to offer engaging and educational art exhibitions in our gallery spaces. Our programs and workshops are designed and led by professional artists and arts educators from a variety of backgrounds whose foremost goal is to foster creativity in a fun, inclusive and nurturing environment. We also strive to provide local and school outreach initiatives that enrich the wider community through the arts.
The Healing Power of the Arts and Creativity
- There is a healing power to art and creative activities that can relieve stress, aid communication and help slow cognitive decline (Harvard Medical School “The Healing Power of Art”).
- Engaging in the creative process can effect our moods and happiness levels (American Psychological Association)
- Art is about resilience. It allows us to express without words and helps reinforce our own self-empowering, life-affirming capacity for resilience (Psychology Today)
- The creative process is about making mistakes, and figuring out another solution. It is essential to our health and well-being (The Guardian “contribution arts makes on our health and well-being”)
How Can the Arts Build Community?
One of our primary goals is to be relevant and create an impact within our community. We start by identifying a need (using the Vital Signs report as a starting point). Then we ask, “how can art and creativity fill that need in a meaningful way”. This process has led us to establish programs like our Supportive Arts weekly workshops for adults with (dis)abilities, our youth outreach program in support of mental health, and our arts-based program for youth recovering from addiction.
How Does Your Membership Help?
As we continue to work towards revitalizing the Elora Centre for the Arts, to make it financially sustainable and broaden our impact, we rely on your continued membership support. Please consider renewing your annual membership to help us continue to do the valuable work in our community.
Membership Benefits – Sign up and receive these benefits with your membership:
- Voting privileges at AGM
- Supporting the vitality of a creative arts hub for the community, contributing to valuable programming and outreach.
- 10% off our classes, workshops and camps
- 10% off purchases at our Artisan Marketplace gallery shop (featuring artist designed, handmade or eco-friendly products)
- Monthly ECFTA e-blast Newsletter
- Invitation to Special Events, including AGM & Volunteer Appreciation Night
- #fosteringcommunity #fosteringcreativity
Subscribe on-line! Click your options below and follow the checkout steps to register and pay on line.
Sign up in person: If you prefer to purchase your annual membership in person, please visit our gallery reception during business hours. Payment methods include cheque, visa, cash or e-transfer.