Free-Spirited Tapestry Workshop | with Dianne Kennedy-Cruttenden
October 24 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$100
Join textile artist Dianne Kennedy-Cruttenden for a day of free–spirited tapestry weaving in this introductory workshop. Dianne brings her wealth of knowledge and spirit of adventure to this 6-hour class designed to play and explore with a variety of tapestry techniques such as; plain weave, rya Knots, soumak eccentric weave and irregular hatching. You will go home with a finished woven tapestry ready to hang or display on an easel. Participants will learn weaving techniques and some of Dianne’s favourite stitches to create designs that exploring form, colour and texture. Your kit will include a mix of beautiful yarns, including some hand-spun from recycled mill ends, a painted canvas that serves as the loom and frames your finished piece, an easel, and tapestry needles. This is a great way to explore the art of tapestry weaving with very little equipment!
MAX. 8 participants
$100 plus HST
$25 kit fee is payable in cash to the instructor at the start of class.
Kit fee includes frame loom, warp and weft yarn, tapestry needle and tapestry bobbins. Additional yarn will be available for purchase.
Students are asked to bring the following materials:
- Scissors, ruler, paper and pencil/coloured pencils
- Any yarn, beads, shells you wish to experiment with
COVID-19 Protocols & Guidelines:
- Proof of Covid-19 double vaccination is required to attend an ECFTA workshop in accordance with the Province of Ontario and our local Public Health unit.
- To ensure the health and safety of staff and participants, the ECFTA will have a limited the number of registrants in accordance with WDGPH recommendations. Daily cleaning and social distancing will be in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
- COVID-19 protocols and guidelines as set by the province of Ontario and the Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health in relation to mask wearing, social distancing, and vaccinations.
- Participants will be asked to complete a COVID-19 Liability Waiver, and need to provide the instructor with proof of vaccination and one piece of ID
- If classes are cancelled for any reason due to Public Health concerns, refunds will be given in full.
- Please contact email@example.com for more information.
About the Instructor:
Dianne Kennedy Cruttenden has been creating woven tapestries and clothing since 1970. She has honed her skill over the decades, often carding, dyeing and spinning her own yarn. Dianne has taught weaving over the years throughout North America, from the Canadian Arctic to the United States.
Please contact Dianne for questions specific to the class. – email
Come visit Dianne Kennedy-Crutttenden during the Elora Fergus Studio Tour! Dianne will be a guest artist in our Artisan Shop, running SEPT 25-26 & OCT 2-3, 10-5.