Tar Sands MEDIA
Perspectives on Canadian Tar Sands and the Northern Gateway Pipeline
Media and Comments
WATCH: What is Harper Afraid Of? by Franke James
This video/essay has inspired over 7182+ people to write to their MPs and PM Harper.
My Green Conscience – Breaking News:
Artist Franke James fights back against the Harper Govt’s censorship of her climate change art
Vancouver Observer, June 12, 2012:
Harper government targeted artist for her green conscience, internal documents reveal
CARFAC Ontario: The Voice for Professional Artists, June 2012:
Seeing Red, Seeing Green: An Interview with Black-Listed Environmental Artist and Activist Franke James by Mariam Nader
Fort McMurray Today, June 19, 2012:
Anti-Gateway comic gathering stream
The New York Times, June 19, 2012
Activist Artist vs. Pipeline
Dogwood Initiative, June 7, 2012:
Guest Blog: Franke James asks “What’s Harper afraid of?”
Canadian artist Franke James calls Stephen Harper and Joe Oliver out in this hard-hitting visual essay
Vancouver Council of Canadian, June 7, 2012:
‘What’s Harper Afraid Of?’ Animated Video by Franke James
Corporate Knights, The Company for Clean Capitalism
Visual Essay, June 1, 2012: What Is Harper Afraid Of?
DeSmog Blog, June 5, 2012:
Animated video: What Is Harper Afraid Of?
Comments from the Show at the Elora Centre for the Arts:
– Good points, entertaining, awesome, cool and very interesting.
– I love green space. I want my government to protect it. ~ Bendagi
– Trees help us breathe.
– Very sad about the oil spills.
– Terrific presentation. This is a call to hit the street, I will get involved!
– I love everything about nature.
– I prefer to swim in clean, natural Canadian waters, not pools. ~ J. McKenzie, Elora Public School
– This is outrageous, how could the government do this to us?
– More solar, less oil.
– The art has volume and can really speak to people like the anarchy in society now.
– Youth need to protect the Spirit Bear.
– You have declared war. It’s not on humans. You don’t like nature.
– How did you get here? Bike? Walk? Horse? At least it’s ethical.
– What I love about Canada.. the wildlife, the rivers, the gardens. I love nature.
– The environment keeps us grounded as industrialists, once they destroy the environment what will hold them back? They’ll then have the power to go limitless until they dig the world from all resources. And there will be no going back.
– What is happening to environmental protection under the Harper government is criminal. We will be set back 50 years and indeed may never recover. GOOD EXHIBIT!
– I am very inspired. Art is a great way of spreading awareness and standing up for this amazing cause. I’d love to help!