CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS – WATER … AN OUTDOOR WALL SCULPTURE 2017
THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HAVE SUBMITTED,
WE WILL REACH OUT TO ARTISTS IF WE REQUIRE MORE INFORMATION.
~AN ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE WINNING SUBMISSION WILL BE MADE ON OUR WEBSITE & FACEBOOK PAGE~
The Elora Centre for the Arts is celebrating its 15th anniversary during this Canada 150 year. We have obtained a grant through the Ontario 150 Community Celebration Fund, and we are dedicating funds for a wall sculpture submission and an installation celebration on July 1, 2017. The theme is WATER, and any Ontario artists/sculptors who have a link to Wellington County are eligible to make a submission. The award to the selected artist will be $5000, payable upon receipt and successful installation of the wall sculpture.
The Elora Centre for the Arts is a heritage building on two acres of land in downtown Elora. The wall sculpture will be installed on the exterior stone wall, facing west, over the front entrance to the building. The Centre is just across the street from beautiful Bissell Park, on the banks of the Grand River. This wall sculpture would be the first installation on the exterior of our limestone building and the creative link between the Centre and the Grand River. The exterior wall space for the installation is horizontal (landscape) – 12’w X 6’h, or vertical (portrait) – 6’w X 12’ to 14’h. The sculpture must be original, durable, and safe for installation on a wall above a main entrance. It must be able to withstand year-round weather conditions, including the extremes of both winter and summer. The artist is responsible for the transportation and the insurance while the sculpture is en route. The Elora Centre for the Arts will fund the installation.
Interested artists are to submit proposals to Jane Longman at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals must include:
- Contact Information: Name, Address, Phone Number, E-mail, Website
- Artist Statement/Bio and connection to Wellington County
- Artwork statement – Include Title, Year, Medium and Size for the proposed work(s) and describe how this work will relate to/expand on the theme of WATER.
- High res Images of the sculpture(s) (300 dpi, 1500 pixels wide), sketches and support images. Clearly title the .jpegs with the Title of the piece or a short description of the work.
- Other examples of existing work
- Photo of artist
- Description of the project and plan for installation. Please consider all aspects of transporting the work to the Elora Centre for the Arts, Ontario and give details for safe installation on the stone wall.
- Deadline: Interested artists should submit their proposals by March 24, 2017. Responses to proposals will be given by April 14, 2017. The accepted proposal must be ready for installation by June 23, 2017.